Online Payments – Terms & Conditions
Usage of this online payment facility is subject to the Terms and Conditions listed below.
Using the online payment facility on this website indicates that you have read, understood and accept these terms and conditions in full. All the payments are to be made in the Fijian Dollar and your account will be debited for the amount. The following cards can be used on this site: Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard.
Definitions & interpretation
The terms used in this agreement have the meanings set out below unless the context requires otherwise:
- “Application Fees” means the initial Fee, for the receipt, perusal and verification of application for a lease, Instrument of Tenancy, Lease or license, which is to be paid by the client who has an interest in the subject land.
- “Card supplier” means the institution which owns the debit or credit card you are using on the Online Payment Facility
- “Instalment terms” means the set period and dates over which payment will be charged to the debit or credit card you are using on the Online Payment Facility
- “Online payment facility” means the internet based payment system operated by TLTB.
- “Recurring card payment” means payment collections initiated by TLTB to collect amounts due under.
- “Client/Tenant account” means the account operated and maintained by the TLTB to record the fees, charges, fines or other debts owed to it by an individual client/Tenant.
- “TLTB” means iTaukei Land Trust Board, constituted under the formerly Native Land Trust Act (Cap 134) now iTaukei Land Trust Act (Cap 134), a Statutory Body having its Head Office at 431 Victoria Parade, Suva, Fiji, hereinafter referred to as “TLTB” .
- “You” means the individual setting up a payment via the online payment facility.
All payments are subject to the following conditions:
- You warrant that in using the online payment facility you are authorised to use the debit or credit card for the payment or payments you are making.
- Your payment will normally reach the TLTB account to which you are making a payment on the following working day.
- We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct TLTB account due to you quoting an incorrect account number or incorrect personal details.
- Neither can we accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
- If the card supplier declines payment, the TLTB is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
- In no event will TLTB be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Using this website indicates your acceptance of the TLTB’s policy on personal data usage and retention, with regards to using this service, which can be found in the Privacy and Security section.
- The TLTB may update these terms and fees from time to time. Any changes will be immediately effective.
- You will be bear all Bank fees and charges levied to you by your card supplier.
- Payment of application fees does not constitute an offer by TLTB.
- Refunds, if applicable, will only be done if the Application Fees has been paid twice or mistakenly receipted twice. Payments taken in error by TLTB will be refunded in the same manner and any subsequent bank charges applied by the bank will also be refunded provided documentary evidence is supplied by the payer.
- Apart from the above, the Application Fees is not refundable.
- All payment details which are entered through this payment gateway are encrypted when the client, or payer making payment, enters them. Communications to and from the service provider’s site are encrypted.
- The TLTB shall not be liable for any failure by the client or payer making payment of Application Fees to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such persons, during the online payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the online payment process.
- Online payments of fees can be made by credit or debit card. These payments are collected by the service provider.
- When a client makes an online immediate payment they will receive a confirmation email from webmedia confirming that payment has been done. If this is not received within 3 days it is the responsibility of the client to check with TLTB that the payment has been accepted or not.
- The TLTB may use the personal information provided to it to contact the client, or payer making payment, to clarify or resolve any issues that may arise in connection with any online payment made in respect of the Application Fees.
- Advance notices, receipts and failed payment notices will be sent to the payer by email as and when applicable at the discretion of TLTB.
- All payments will incur 3.5% fee on the total amount