1. Foreign Investment Registration Certificate
This certificate is to be obtained from the Fiji Islands Trade and Investment Bureau office, located at Civic Tower, Victoria Parade in Suva who is responsible for granting of approval to conduct and operate businesses in Fiji (for all FOREIGN INVESTORS).
2. iTaukei Owners Consent
We would require consent of 60 percent of the landowners over 21 years as registered in the TLFC’s Vola ni Kawa Bula. On this, the Board will later hold consultations with native owners and basically the question will be what returns they will get that is considered fair and equitable. To assess this depends on your submission of other requirements as outlined below.
3. Concept of Project Development you intend to develop. We will welcome a site plan and its artistic impression.
4. Feasibility Study - particularly that of your set up, your Company Structure, Shareholding, Article of Association and any proposal you may offer that it will benefit the iTaukei owners:
- secure culture, custom and tradition
- secure participation of locals in the tourist industry
- secure best return from the leasing of their land which may be involved in your project
- training of the landowners in the tourist industry.
5. Environmental Impact Assessment
The anticipated project development has to protect and blend in with the environment of the area. This is normally done when obtaining the necessary approvals from the approved agencies.
Sufficient details of the financing of your project such as: sources of financing, bankers, and if any, who are, or who may become your referees.
Resume of your business background and additional information you deem relevant and appropriate and that which will enable us to consider your development submission better and fairly.
8. Business Plan/Marketing & Financing Plan
We are interested to learn of marketing strategies together with say a five- (5) year projection of income and expenditure of your project as well as it’s manning through its varying levels of development: from its initial stages to when it will be operational.
9. Locality Diagram
A locality diagram showing the location of the subject area.
10. Certificates of Registration of Company
We require copies of your certificate of registration of company together with the names of Directors, the shareholding structure and etc.
We are glad to advice that apart for your intention to obtain a lease over native land, which we deal with, you will also required to obtain the followings:
a) The physical planning approval from the Director of Town and Country Planning in which will be includes the environment and conservation aspect of your project i.e. from:
b) Approval in Principle by the Ministry of Tourism.
Application Fees – 575.00
Processing Fees – 6037.50
Documentation Fees – 1150.00
Click here to view other fees