The TLTB invites written Expression of Interest (EOI) for the above land for Tourism Development at Yaqeta Island, Yasawa Group. The land comprises of approximately 6.07 Ha (Subject to Survey) of iTaukei land known as Macukurau in the District of Nacula, Province of Ba.
The purpose of EOI is to seek Investors and Developers who wish to participate in the development of the proposed tourism development at Macukurau, Yaqeta, Yasawa.
SCOPE OF WORKS:
The scope of works will include but not limited to the following:
- Carrying out a detailed feasibility study in order to determine the socio-economic development mix and viability of the project.
- For foreign investors, the approval of the Investment Fiji and the Reserve Bank are mandatory.
- Carrying out all survey and planning works in accordance with the requirements of the Department of Town and Country Planning and other approving agencies.
- Undertake an Environmental Impact Study and associated reports.
- Provide a project business plan and projected work schedule for the development.
The successful Investor/Developer will be issued with a long term lease to be mutually agreed by both parties subject to payment of relevant premium/cost/fees (where applicable) under the iTaukei Land Trust Act [Cap 134].
The lease will also include Special Conditions which shall be agreed by the Applicant & the iTaukei Land Trust Board.
LAND DETAILS & INFRASTRUCTURE
- Land Owning Unit – Mataqali Nadua, of Yaqeta village, Yasawa, BA.
- Location – Located on the Western side of main Yaqeta Island within the Yasawa Group. The site is associated with the luxurious and well exploited island resort such as Navutu Stars Resort, both sharing the pristine white sandy beach, waving palms, sunset views, cliffs, bays and reefs with crystal blue waters.
- Road/Transportation –accessible by fiber boats, 2 hours boat ride via the catamaran vessels from Denarau by South Sea Cruises & Awesome Adventures), Seaplanes, Helicopters, barge for shipments of materials, food, water, etc.
- FEA – Main source of Power in the Yasawas are supplied via Generator and Solar Electrification
- Water source –Boreholes and Desalination as evident in all the Resorts in the Yasawas.
- Telecommunication: All telecommunications network are available (Telecom Fiji, Vodafone and Digicel)
- Land Area: 6.07 Ha or 15 acres Subject to survey.
TOURISM: STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Term of Lease: To be mutually agreed by both parties
- Premium (once off): $300,000.00
- Geographic coordinates 17000’15.31’’ S 177019’28.73’’ E
- Annual Rent (5 year development period): $5,000 and reviewed every 5 years.
- Education Fund: $5,000.00 per annum for the LOU and subject to review every 5 years.
- Mataqali Infrastructure: $10,000 as one off payment to assist in village infrastructure development.
- Subdivision/Resale: 10% of total consideration shall be paid for sale and resale of any subdivision.
- Annual Rental, post development period: 3.5% the gross receipts at the commencement of the 6th year and increase by 0.5% in every ten years thereafter until it reached 5.5% gross receipt as per tourism policy.
- LOU to be given first preference for employment and hospitality related business activity.
- A “Concept Plan” for the Advertised site to be provided within two years of issuance of lease.
The EOI should include the following information as well:
- Company profile, Registration, and Financial Statement/Status;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for individuals;
- A deposit fee of $545 (VAT) to be submitted together with the EOI that will be refunded if unsuccessful; and
All Investors/Developers must demonstrate their ability to undertake the above mentioned works and meet the criteria set out in the above scope of works.
For further details, Mr. Peni Qalo, Manager Tourism can be contacted on Telephone No. 6723771 ext 251, Mobile No. 9995904, email PQalo@tltb.com.fj or Mr. Marika Colamoto, Senior Estate Office Tourism can be contacted on Telephone No. 6723771 ext 252, Mobile No. 9995938 or email MColamoto@tltb.com.fj
Sealed envelopes marked “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST – DEVELOPMENT OF MACUKURAU TOURISM DEVELOPMENT” is to be addressed to the Manager Tourism, TLTB, Private Mail Bag, Nadi Airport or placed in the appropriate Tender Box located at TLTB Tourism Office, Level 1 Airport Central Building, Namaka Nadi.
The EOI will close on Wednesday 31st August, 2016. Late submissions and submissions through facsimile will not be accepted.